Rechercher dans ce blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Aaron Black looks forward playing first PBA finals against 'Kuya' LA - PBA.ph

AARON Black will cherish his first ever PBA finals appearance.

Other than having a shot at winning his maiden championship as a pro with Meralco, the sophomore guard gets the chance to play against his Kuya LA Tenorio of Barangay Ginebra.

The two had connection from way back.

"I was in Grade 4 when I saw kuya LA play for my dad at Ateneo," recalled the Meralco guard.

Meralco coach Norman Black initially handled the Blue Eagles as consultant in 2004 and later, began his championship career with the school in 2005.

Sponsored content:
"Bata pa kami nun. When I was in Ateneo, binubuhat ko pa si Aaron. Ngayon I'm playing against him," recalled Tenorio about seeing the young Black in the early 2000s while he was still with the Blue Eagles.

Now their paths crossed together in the finals of the Governors Cup as Meralco and Barangya Ginebra renew their rivalry for the fourth time in five seasons.

"I saw all the finals before growing up, and at the same time, I saw the other guys on the other end," said the Meralco guard during the pre-Finals presser Monday at the Novotel Hotel, alluding to the Barangay Ginebra side.

"So it's something I look forward of playing in the finals and (hopefully) win the championship," added Black.

Tenorio welcomed the chance to pit skills against the son of his former coach.

Sponsored content:
"I'm happy for him because I was also coached by coach Norman, who was one of the reasons why I pursue my dream in the PBA," said the veteran Ginebra playmaker. (RG)

Adblock test (Why?)


Aaron Black looks forward playing first PBA finals against 'Kuya' LA - PBA.ph
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Amores, brother released after posting bail - GMA News Online

[unable to retrieve full-text content] John Amores, brother released after posting bail    GMA News Online PBA player John Amores, brothe...